- Checkout has been disabled
Film-free decal paper is unique in it's kind because in the end it only leaves the toner on the surface. It has some learning curve but the result is like no other and offers new possibilities! As only the thin toner is transferred to the surface, less varnish is needed to enclose the decal with teh surface. Even without any finfishing products the decal is very resistant to scratching, water and so washing by hand is possible, the use of a dishwasher might be possible but is not guaranteed.
The finished decal is not foodsafe, not even after baking for 30minutes ate 250 Degrees Celsius.
Can be used on smooth, non-porous, dust and greas free surfaces which can withstand some heating (70-130 Degrees Celsius). Of which are metals, glass, ceramics, and a lot of plastics, even sealed surfaces like wood with a clear coat. Please note: a adjustable hot airgun or a good hairdryer is needed to dry the glue.
The material is ment for laser printers but can also be used with Solvent, UV printer and thermal transfer printers like microdry. It consists of a paper carrier, on which is a thin film which will hold the toner together while making the transfer. (removed in the end) The image will be printed in mirror-image and while using a special decal glue fixed on the surface.
This decal glue is to be purchased separately see the tab "Related Products".
The sheets are sold per 5 sheets and have quantity discounts at 2x, 5x and 20x 5 sheets (respectively 10, 25 and 100sheets).
In short how to use:
- Print your image in mirrored mode and cut it out.
- Pour a little water onto a plate and lay the decal in it till the paper carrier is soaked.
- Apply "Decal Glue Type 1" (S2026) to teh surface (solde separately)
- Lay the decal printed side facing down in the glue en press it in place
- Remove the paper carrier by sliding it off
- Rub the decal to remove excess glue and flatten it out
- Heat the decal with a hairdryer at it's highest setting or a adjustable hot-airgun. Use between 70 and 130 Degrees Celsius, the higher the faster de decal is dry and the more resistant it gets. The temperature to use it depending on the kind of surface
- Leave to cool after which remove the protective film that is left behind. Optional: You can heat the object and decal at 250 Degrees Celsius to make it more resistant (especially usefull on glass and ceramics)